Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Story: The third one

A quick storyline that I don't have time to write into a proper story: At the moment a person is quite angry with me. Without wishing to justify myself, it's over an area of her life that I challenged her on. I believe that it was right in the context to bring the challenge (and that she brought about the circumstances leading to the challenge). I believe that I communicated the challenge clearly, in context, and with an understanding that I supported and cared (care) about her. However, she also didn't want to talk very much. She stopped the conversation, and has been angry with me since.

She's not actually angry with me because of what I said; I'm not sure that she's even really angry with ME, but rather with people and circumstances in her past. However that expresses itself in anger towards me. It's a shame, but I can accept this. The other thing, however, is that part of her expressing her anger is that she is communicating her frustrations with other people. This means that other people have a bad impression of me, without knowing the full story.

I thought that this second thing would be the final straw, but you know what? It isn't! I don't mean that there's more that she's done, but rather that it hasn't broken anything - I still can't feel angry with her. I just can't think of anything except blessing towards her. I really honestly hope and pray that she is very happy and contented.

I'm glad that I feel that way.

Things that have been confirmed to me are:

- That talking about things is the only way to resolve any issue, otherwise they never get dealt with

- That you shouldn't talk to others about a negative situation, until you've talked directly to the person invovled.

(I'm aware that that second point may seem hypocritical as I'm blogging this - please comment on whether it is, in your opinion! I feel that one important distinction is that you don't know the identity of the person).

Best wishes,

D.

No comments: